CONTRIBUTING TO THE REDUCTION OF OPERATIONAL RISKS
Colombia’s challenge in the short and medium term within the hydrocarbon sector is sustaining production and sales of more than one million petroleum barrels a day.
In order to do this, the integrity of the installed transport infrastructure must be guaranteed, which made all pipeline operating companies in the country have policies for the reduction of operational risks in order to minimize economic, social and environmental impacts as part of their business management..
Facing this, Antea Group has been part of this policy by developing geotechnical diagnostics successfully (1,520 km of pipelines), valuing the geotechnical threat as part of the integrity and providing structural solutions for underwater crossings, aerial crossings and establishing areas for detailed geotechnical monitoring, which have allowed the identification of critical attention points and medium term which have been conceded by operating companies by incorporating them in their future action plans, looking for resource efficiency and operational guarantee.
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES TO CONSIDER IN TERMS OF THE VISUALISATION, DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF LOCATIONS FOR EXPLORING HYDROCARBONS?
Our experience has allowed us to identify, analyse and raise alternatives, which have taken us to participate in the development of the oiling activity and to delineate the most important aspects to take into account upon putting forward a visualization and design for exploration locations:
- Selecting viable sites taking into account environmental restrictions in terms of design and building for a platform and its road corridors.
- Establish solutions for ground improvement in zones that are away from material sources.
- Provide draining solutions, striving for a balance between functionality and the minimal movement of land.
- Providing foundation and stability solutions, striving for a balance between safety and cost.
- Minimizing intervention areas and hillside zones, striving for equilibrium between slope stability and safety of the project
- Optimizing spaces, in such a way they guarantee the correct operation in the platform.
- Adequately selecting sites for the disposal of remainder excavation materials ZODME